Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hurricane Bobbi!

It has been ages since I've blogged! I guess that is what happens when a person has to go to work 5 days a week! Anyway, I'll do a quick catch up! As I mentioned, I'm working everyday during the week, so we only get out sailing on the weekends. Bob is still doing bits and pieces of work on the boat so he is staying close to home most of the time too. Three weekends ago we went to a new anchorage that Don told us about. Wallace Island, just at the mouth of Fulford Harbour which is where the Salt Spring Island ferry docks. It was a delightful weekend, beautiful and sunny. A very peaceful anchorage with just a few boats and no rowdies. Bob went out fishing several times a day and I read several novels. The best part is that it is only about 1.5 hours from Sidney so we can go there nearly anytime.

Two weekends ago we went to Bedwell Harbour/Poet's Cove. The weather was not very nice and it was a very sloppy, wet ride over there. But it was Kimmy's birthday and we were invited to join them for lunch at the resort. We anchored out and we were pleased to see another Nonsuch! After lunch we went over to investigate who it was and were thrilled to see it was Murray and Sandy on Cat's Paw. We had hoped to see thier new boat at the Rendevous a few weeks earlier but didn't have time. So we enjoyed some wine and cheese with them while it poured outside. It was another choppy ride home but at least it didn't rain.

Last weekend, my friend Bobbi, from Mazatlan came up to Victoria for a 5 day visit! It was so awesome to see her . . . just wish the rest of the Mazatlan Ladies were able to come too . . . we would have had a great time! Bob had the boat at Salt Spring so Bobbi and I took the ferry over on Friday night, went to the market on Saturday morning and a sail Saturday afternoon before heading back to Victoria to feed the cat at my house sitting job. It was the last beautiful day we have had since, so we were pretty lucky! Bobbi loved Salt Spring and the boat . . . she got to steer nearly all the way home . . . and did a very good job! On Monday after work we had a few of my Victoria Ladies over for a potluck. They were all thrilled to be able to meet Bobbi. Bobbi made us Jambalaya and her Famous Bread Pudding with Kaluha Pecan sauce . . . and we managed to empty several bottles of wine. Bobbi left on the ferry back to Seattle on Tuesday morning . . . I felt like a hurricane had gone through Victoria! We had such a wonderful time! My only disappointment is that I forgot to take my camera out all weekend so I have no photos of her visit!

Now I'm back to work . . . but only one more week until this job is done. Looking forward to Brodie's visit in September!!!

No comments: