Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sorry!!!

Many of you have mentioned that I'm not up to date with my blog! I am sorry! Things have just been very busy. Truthfully, I probably will not have a whole lot of time this summer to keep it up . . . so don't be surprised if the entries are few!

However, feel free to check out my photo albums, which I do keep up to date. The link is on the left of this, called "My Newer Photos".

We are back in Canada. We were forced to return early due to the silly Swine Flu debacle! None of the airlines could guarantee me flights back before July, so I had to take a flight when I could get it. I have to be back by July as I have various work contracts set up and I couldn't take a chance on not being able to be here. So, here we are!

Not that being in Victoria is bad! I love it here just as much as I love Mazatlan.

So, until my work contracts start, I'm living on Bob's boat out in Sidney. We have been getting various bits and pieces fixed up and hope to head out to do some Island cruising soon.

We did have a Great Adventure in May. Bob had always wanted to take his boat in the International Swiftsure Yacht Race . . . so that is what we did last weekend! It was a wonderful adventure. Bob and Don took the boat down to Victoria's Inner Harbour on Wednesday and I drove the truck down. We got a prime spot on the docks in front of the Empress Hotel, right in the middle of all the hoopla. On Saturday morning we motored out to the start line along with the masses of other boats. Our race was the last to start. The first two hours there was very little wind. Everyone else was complaining . . . I loved it! Just coasting along at 2 to 3 knots! The wind did pick up and then everyone else was happy. We rounded the first mark and were half way to the second mark when there was a loud popping noise and the sail started flapping . . . we had broken a "thingy" (it's complicated!). So, we had to motor back to the Inner Harbour. Although Bob was disappointed that we didn't finish, we all agreed that it was great fun, and some of us will try it again next year. As we entered the Harbour we had three cruise ships accompany us! Bob and Don were able to fix the "thingy" and sailed back to Sidney on Monday, while I brought the truck back.

Bob got a new dinghy yesterday, so we/he has been playing with his new toy.

Hopefully we'll get out cruising this coming week.

Be sure to check out my photos! There are lots of the Inner Harbour and the race, as well as several short videos.

No comments: