Thursday, July 17, 2008

We are back in the water!

Cat-Sass was launched last Friday and brought back to it's usual berth in the Port of Sidney. We have spent the time since then working very hard on the woodwork and deck . . . it is really sparkling and looks great! I'll have some photos up soon in the "Newer Photos" link, in an album called "Cat-Sass".

I thought I was starting my new work contract tomorrow, but it turns out she only needs me to start on the Monday . . . that is great as we now have the whole weekend again. I was in town yesterday and today to deal with business appointments and such . . .

Every Thursday in the summer, the town of Sidney has thier local street Market. About five blocks of the main drag are shut off and hundreds of different vendors set up to sell their wares. It certainly isn't cheap . . . but lots of variety and interesting, artistic products. The best part is the food! We have a choice of Phillipino, local lamb, the best hamburgers, incredible sausage . . . and after we manage to choose one (or two) of those, we have to decide on what to have for desert . . . a couple of the local farms sell fresh fruit pies that are to die for, as well as every imaginable type of fresh local organic fruit. Lots of other baking too. We always look forward to dinner on Thursday!!

So, it is back to work for me next week . . . for the first week I'll be doing double shift (two law firms each day), probably 12 hours a day! Bob will probably head north in the sail boat and hopefully, I'll be able to meet up with him on a few of the weekends to hang out.

No comments: