Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Boat complications

I haven't written in a while as we haven't had internet access . . . I'm at an internet cafe waiting for Bob. The boat is still up on the hard, it has been 11 days now and it will probably still be up another three days. So much for my sailing vacation!! I have to be back in town on Tuesday to get ready for work! Oh well . . . we've kept very busy, working on the woodwork and the deck of the boat while the skilled labour work on the keel. Bob has been a real trooper, not loosing his cool or getting too frustrated through it all. They finally put the keel back on the boat today but now it has to cure and then they have to fibreglass it. It will definately be back in the water by Friday because they are closing the boat yard for a few days.

Through this all, we have been staying with my Mother and Father. They have really been a god send as otherwise we would have been staying in Victoria and we would have been spending a fortune on gas driving back and forth from Sidney several times a day.

Our saving grace is that Bob's sister, Jane, came for a visit from Toronto! We spent several days in Nanaimo with his brother and then several days in Victoria with his other sister. Bob hadn't seen Jane in 4 years so there was a lot of reminicing and I had never met Jane so I learned a lot :-)! We really had a great time! Jane is an awesome woman, I feel like I have gained a wonderful friend!

Anyway . . . that's about it for now! Hopefully my next post will report that we are back on the water!

No comments: