Sunday, June 22, 2008

A minor change in plans

As always, when dealing with the ocean, plans change! Got a phone call from Bob at about 2pm on Saturday saying that they were in Nanaimo(60 miles north of Victoria). They were having electrical problems with the boat and decided to get things dealt with before going any farther. So, instead of me driving up to Campbell River to meet them on Sunday, I went to Nanaimo on Saturday. Arrived to find they had secured an electrician and everything was getting fixed right away instead of having to wait till Monday. Apparently it was a minor issue, but better safe than sorry when heading up to the wilds of Desolation Sound. So the four of us, Monica (owner of Wannadoo), Chris (her friend from S Carolina), Bob and myself went to "Amazing Thai" for dinner. It wasn't as great as it has been in the past, but still good. It was a beautiful evening at the dock . . . windy but settling down to absolute calm later. I wished I had my camera . . . couldn't tell where the other boats ended and the water started . . . they made mirror images in the water. The moon was beautiful. They cast off about 9:30 this morning, planning to get up to either Tribune Bay on Hornby Island or near Fanny Bay. They will go on to Campbell River tomorrow. I'll drive up to Campbell River today and hang out with Judy until they show up. Meanwhile, I'm in an internet cafe charging up the computer! Hope you are all having a great weekend!!

No comments: