Thursday, October 16, 2008

Settling In

I've been back in Mazatlan for over a week. Things move slowly here. Still no internet in the apartment, but I'm managing okay using the neighbour's deck. I guess the major problem was that my fridge was not keeping anyting cold . . . my landlord told me to go buy a new one (he is still in the States). Going to buy a new fridge is easier said than done when you don't speak the language! Had my friend Lee go with me and we found a suitable one and arranged for delivery . . . then just had to wait several days. It arrived yesterday and they hauled it up the stairs, took the door off the apartment to get it in, and it slid right into the space, with no even a centimeter to spare! It is purring away, and I have some cold drinks to offer visitors now!

It is pretty quiet in Mazatlan right now. Many people go inland where it is a bit cooler and not so humid . . . so some of the shops are closed and there are not too many activities happening. I usually go out in the morning to do chores and then hang around inside, with Air Conditioning, in the afternoons!

My Mom and Dad gave me a week at thier time share in Puerto Vallarta so Lee and I are heading there on the bus on Saturday. I hope it might be a bit cooler there so we can spend the days exploring!!

You would never have known there was a Canadian Federal Election here!!! Of course, everyone is much more concerned with the US Election . . . and I must admit, it is way more exciting!

No comments: